Spring holidays in Cornwall
Get away from it all and discover relaxing spring holidays in Cornwall at Porth Beach Holiday Park. Spring is a fantastic time of year for a holiday in Cornwall, with so much to see, do and explore. Avoid the crowds and enjoy walks on golden sandy beaches, visit must-see destinations or take in some top family attractions.
Cornwall is an extremely popular destination in the summer, but why not discover the magic of the county out of peak season? Not only will you beat the summer rush, but you might also save money too as we regularly have great money-saving special offers on spring holidays in Cornwall.
Why choose spring holidays in Cornwall at Porth Beach?
There’s so many reasons to choose a spring break in Cornwall. Whether you’re planning a short break away or a longer stay, spring is a great time to visit the county. But how should you spend your time with us? To help you decide, we’ve put together some of our favourite things to do in Cornwall in the spring…
- Enjoy walks on quiet beaches: If you’re a lover of golden sandy beaches but not quite as keen when they’re jam packed with holidaymakers then a spring holiday in Cornwall could be for you! With a milder climate in Cornwall, you can enjoy walks on beautiful stretches of sandy beach in the spring, without wearing a scarf and bobble hat. Our holiday park is located just 150 yards from Porth Beach, a small cove with a sandy beach that’s great for strolls in the spring sunshine. Further along the coast and you’re spoilt for choice – head south to Newquay with its 7 beaches, including the iconic Fistral Beach, or go north and visit Watergate Bay, Constantine, Daymer Bay and Polzeath – all of which are perfect for strolls along the sand!
- Discover Cornwall’s beautiful gardens: Cornwall is blessed with some of the finest gardens and period properties in the UK – many of which are only a short distance from our holiday park. If you’re a lover of Camelias, Magnolias, Azaelas and Rhodedendrons then be prepared for a bounty of beautiful blooms in the spring. Many of these plants start flowering as early as February and March, meaning walks around attractions such as the Lost Gardens of Heligan, Lanhydrock House and Garden and the sub-tropical paradise of Trebah Garden should definitely be on your to-do list!
- Visit Cornwall’s attractions Beat the summer queues and visit Cornwall’s biggest and best attractions this spring time. Step into another world and walk around the Rainforest and Mediterranean Biomes at the Eden Project, enjoy thrill-a-minute rides at Crealy Adventure Park and Flambards or see exotic creatures at Blue Reef Aquarium and Newquay Zoo.
- Enjoy a cosy lunch in a traditional Cornish pub: There are some fantastic pubs in Cornwall – and some fantastic chefs cooking up top quality dishes too. And you can’t beat a great pub lunch, or even a Sunday roast, in a warm, cosy and relaxing atmosphere in the heart of the Cornish countryside. From the St Kew Inn at St Kew, The Golden Lion at Port Isaac and the Kings Head at Ruan Lanihorne to the Harbour Inn at Padstow, the Two Clomes at nearby Quintrell Downs and the Plume of Feathers at Mitchell. You really are spoilt for choice!
- Sample some great local events: Cornwall really comes alive in the spring, with a host of top events taking place locally and across the county! In May Padstow’s Obby Oss celebrations are well worth a visit. See this spring time festival in all its glory as thousands of people flock to this harbour town. In Newquay May sees the return of the English National Surfing Championships while over in Fowey, spring is the time for the town’s festival of art and literature.
Spring holidays in Cornwall really are a fantastic way to see more of this county for less. Whatever time of year you choose to visit, you can be sure of a great range of self-catering accommodation. Why not choose a stay in our luxury holiday homes or glamping pods? We also have dozens of touring and camping pitches available! All our guests have access to our great on-site facilities and all at a great price!