Cornwall in May – your guide to holidays and short breaks
After long, cold and wet winter that brought us everything from flooding to snow (and the Beast From The East), spring has finally sprung!
If you’ve been waiting for the weather to improve before booking your break away to Cornwall then it appears that now, at last, is the time to getaway.
Cornwall in May is simply beautiful. Longer days, warmer temperatures and lots to see and do is a rather good combination. Throw in all this county’s breathtaking scenery, idyllic destinations and long list of award-winning attractions, and it’s easy to see why the region is the UK’s favourite holiday destination!
But apart from the beaches, the walks and attractions, why else should you visit Cornwall in May? This time of year is popular for many reasons but one reason so many people flock to the region at this time of year is to enjoy the many great events taking place. Here’s our guide to some of the best nearby….
- Padstow May Day: The biggest day in Padstow’s calendar. It’s not unusual for 30,000 people to flock into this little town on the day when Padstonians from all over the world return to their roots.
- Helston Flora Day: The famous Flora Day celebration is believed to be pre-Christian and at one time during the Victorian era was banned as being “a drunken revelry.” Dancing begins at 7am. A great family day out.
- Newquay Art8 Festival: Art8 is Newquay’s Arts and Culture Festival – bursting at the seams with events, exhibits and workshops involving film, craft, spoken word, dance, photography, theatre, music, literature and more.
- English National Surfing Championships at Watergate Bay: Head up the coast and watch the next generation of surfers battle against the seasoned pro’s for the prestigious National Surfing Champion title at Watergate Bay near Newquay.
- Polo On The Beach: Expect high-goal polo matches, arena and beach entertainment, family activities, horse displays, Segway polo, Aspall beach bar and Champagne garden as well as food stalls and much more.
Cornwall in May – our accommodation range
May holidays in Cornwall really are a fantastic way to see more of this county for less. Whatever time of year you choose to visit our Newquay holiday park, you can be sure of a great range of self-catering accommodation. Why not choose a stay in our luxury holiday homes or glamping pods We also have dozens of touring camping pitches available! All our guests have access to our great on-site facilities and all at a great price!
Article By Porth Beach Holiday Park