Autumn breaks in Cornwall
Get away from it all and enjoy autumn breaks in Cornwall at Porth Beach Holiday Park this September and October. Autumn can be a dramatic and breathtaking time to visit Cornwall, with powerful seas, stormy skies, red sunsets and the landscape turning a golden brown.
If you’re a lover of the great outdoors – and want to avoid the summer rush – then an autumn holiday in Cornwall this year could be for you. From our holiday park you’re perfectly placed to enjoy coast and country, with some of the finest beaches, coastal scenery and moorland walks right on your doorstep.
Why choose autumn breaks in Cornwall at Porth Beach?
There’s so many great reasons to choose an autumn holiday Cornwall. To help you decide how to spend your time during a stay with us, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite things to see and do at this time of the year…
- Sample some of the great local events taking place in September and October, including Newquay Fish Festival. Held on the harbour from September 16-18, this festival celebrates the town’s fishing industry. Get ready for live cooking demonstrations and plenty of entertainment!
- Explore Bodmin Moor: Just a short drive away, Bodmin Moor is a walker’s paradise. Put your best foot forward and tackle the peaks of Rouhgtor and Brown Willy or discover the ancient Hurlers and Cheesewring. This Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty covers a large expanse of North Cornwall and is well worth a visit…
- The Camel Trail, which runs between Padstow and Bodmin, is extremely popular with tourists. Visit in September and October, however, and you can beat the summer crowds and enjoy this 18-mile stretch of disused railway line which takes in beautiful countryside and estuary views.
- Head west to see the iconic landmarks of St Michael’s Mount and Land’s End. Visit in Autumn and you will avoid the queues and the crowds. Enjoy a fish and chips on the beach looking out at St Michael’s Mount… what a way to end the day!
- All aboard! Take a trip on one of several railway branch lines and see Cornwall from a different perspective. From Newquay Railway Station you can catch the train to Par or St Austell and from there you can head East to Liskeard, where you can catch a train along the scenic Looe Valley Line.
- Visit Cornwall’s many historic gardens and houses and see a world in orange, yellow and golden brown. As Autumn takes hold, the county’s many magnificent gardens get ready to welcome their final visitors of the year – this is a great time to see these beautiful gardens without the queues.
For more information about things to do during autumn breaks in Cornwall check out Visit Cornwall’s guide here. Autumn holidays in Cornwall also mean you can see more of this county for less. And your budget could stretch even further with our range of special offers! (/special-offers/). To book your autumn break with us call today on 01637 876531 or book on-line here.
** please note that our park closes on October 28th for the 2016 season **